The Grove has been selected as one of APA Missouri’s 2018 Great Places in Missouri!
The Great Places program was started in 2014 to recognize neighborhoods, streets, and public spaces that demonstrate exceptional character, quality and planning – attributes that enrich communities, facilitate economic growth, and inspire residents and visitors alike.
The Grove has been chosen to receive the Great Street award for many reasons. Here are some of the things that make The Grove great:
- A diverse community of people from all walks of life.
- Over 90% local businesses!
- Some of St. Louis’ most colorful and popular festivals, including GroveFest and Indihop.
- Presenting a unique and memorable visual experience.
- Gorgeous modern and historically restored architecture.
- More than 30 works of public art, many painted by residents and visitors during the annual Grove Fest.
- Community involvement in every local project at the Grove Community Improvement District.
- Huge progress in safety and security.
- Forward-thinking, dense, mixed-use development throughout the district.
It is an honor to be chosen as the 2018 Great Street in Missouri, and the credit goes to every member of the Grove community for making this possible.