The Grove Entertainment District
Centrally located in Forest Park Southeast, The Grove business district stretches nearly one-mile along Manchester Avenue between Kingshighway and Vandeventer. This thriving district plays host to a diverse range of businesses offering up great places to eat and drink, a multitude of dance floors, spots to shop and grab coffee, a brewery, tattoo parlors and much, much more. With over 50 business and several organizations devoted to improving the vitality of the area, this growing commercial district bringing energy to the neighborhood.
The Grove was originally called Adam’s Grove in the 1950s, when it served as a bustling commercial district in the City of St. Louis. Since that time, the strip along Manchester Avenue experienced urban decline. Known for its diverse community, The Grove is home to several LGBT friendly businesses, several of which lead the initial wave of investment in the area, starting with Attitudes Night Club opening in the 1980s. In recent years, community members devoted to filling one vacant storefront at a time, have revitalized the district. “The Grove” name was coined in collaboration of various community members in an effort to re-brand the growing commercial district.
Enjoy the vibrancy of the expanding neighborhood – visit The Grove!
Events in the Grove
There’s always something happening in the neighborhood– whether it’s a cycling race, a beer tasting event, a concert or an eclectic street festival, you can find it here in the Grove!
Events in the area are as diverse as its locals and visitors. Each year, a number of special events highlight the very best the Grove has to offer and continue to increase the neighborhood’s popularity. Here is what is scheduled for 2017!
- May 20th: IndiHop
- June 17th: RFT Music Showcase
- July 15th: Manchester Bike Bash
- July 30th: The Grove Criterium
- October 7th: Grove Fest
The Grove Community Improvement District
The Grove CID was established in 2009 by property owners committed to improving the area’s safety and appearance, with the goal of strengthening and fostering an active business, entertainment, and residential community.
The CID is run by an 11-member Board of Directors, made up of property owners and/or business operators within the district with a purpose of funding and managing services and projects within the district. Examples of this include providing security, cleaning initiatives, providing additional off-street parking, marketing the businesses within the CID, funding special events, and promoting business retention and development.
All of this is facilitated with money collected from special assessments on properties in the district and an additional 1% sales tax collected on all retail sales (approved by the registered voters residing the in District).
Meeting Agenda Packets & Meeting Minutes
- 2018 Meeting Agenda Packets & Meeting Minutes
- 2017 Meeting Agenda Packets & Meeting Minutes
- 2016 Meeting Agenda Packets & Meeting Minutes
2018-2019 Board of Directors
2016 Annual Report and Audit
- the Grove CID- 2018-19 Cleaning and Maintenance (closed)
- FY 2017-18 Pedestrian Lighting (closed)
- FY 2017-18 Signal Box Artwork (closed)
- FY 2017-18 Videography (closed)
- FY 2017-2019 Audit RFP (closed)
- FY 2017-18 Cleaning and Maintenance RFP (closed)
- FY 2017-18 Lanscaping RFP (closed)
- FY 2017-20 Legal Services RFP
Special Event Funding Request Form
- Complete applications should be submitted to the Grove CID Administrative Offices C/O Park Central Development at least 90 days before the proposed event.
- For instructions and guidelines on how to submit a Request Form, Please review the Funding Request Form
For additional information on the CID, visit the website of Park Central Development.